Case study Novacoop
Novacoop is one of the major supermarket chains operating in the northern Italian region of Piemonte and it is one of the main consumer co-operatives belonging to the Coop national system. Founded in 1990 with the merging of Coop Piemonte and Coop CPL, it operates throughout the region and in a limited area of Lombardia. Nova Coop has a dynamic sales network, composed by 61 stores including supermarkets and malls.
Thanks to IB's solutions, Novacoop is benefiting in the following ways:
- standardized control of each outlet and machinery
- performance improvement of monitored systems
- reduction of maintenance running costs
- monitoring of energy performance, resulting in reduced consumption
- storage of data in order to create a more accurate and realistic budget
The main assets being monitored are those dedicated to:
- Cold food storage: production of energy necessary to store food (sales areas / warehouses)
- Air-conditioning: control system set on climatic variations inside stores (with a focus on sales areas)
- Electrical systems: all electrical systems inside stores (e.g. cash registers, slicers, ovens, etc.)
- Power consumption: power consumption of machinery inside the store (cold food storage, air conditioners)
- Fire and burglar alarm: shoplifting alarm systems and others
- General technological alarms: black-outs, activation of electrical generator.